In addition to their health benefits, essential oils are also very useful to take care of the hair… Whether flat or dry, dull, brittle, with dandruff or without…
Hair care is not always easy. Even if there are a multitude of shampoos, many are sometimes too aggressive, causing an irritation of the scalp. Not to mention that they are often made from chemicals, it is not always easy to find shoes for the feet, or rather, shampoo for the hair. And what if essential oils, which have been praised over and over again on our pages, could be the solution to certain hair problems?
The different benefits of essential oils for hair
Their active ingredients can help smooth hair or restore tone to dull hair. This ultimately allows you to create the shampoo that best suits your hair needs.
However, care must be taken not to exceed certain doses because essential oils can have adverse health effects if used without care.
3 ways to use essential oils for hair
That being said, there are usually 3 ways to use essential oils.
1. In a massage
Before washing your hair with a shampoo, dilute the essential oil in a base oil (sweet almond, cold-pressed olive oil, grape seed oil). You need to count a drop of essential oil per tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. In shampoo
You must use a mild or neutral shampoo and add a few drops of essential oil. For an optimal dilution to 1%, it takes 10 to 20 drops of essential oil for 10 cl of shampoo.
3. In local application
As for the application with massage, dilute a drop of essential oil in a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Put the mixture gently over the length of your hair without forgetting to gently massage the scalp. Wrap a towel around your head and let it work all night. In the morning, wash your hair well.
Adapt your hair treatment with essential oils
Each condition or capillary problem corresponds to one (or more) essential oil(s) whose active ingredients can act effectively.
- Oily hair: essential oil of lemon, cypress, juniper, laurel, rosemary, sage, petit grain, basil, peppermint, eucalyptus
- Dry hair: essential oil of ylang-ylang, lavender, rosemary, geranium, sandalwood, sage, palmarosa, cade wood, cedar
- Fine hair or lacking volume: rosewood essential oil, lemongrass
- Curly and frizzy hair: ylang-ylang essential oil
- Dull or damaged hair: essential oil of ylang-ylang, lavender, rosemary, lemon
- Colored hair: German chamomile essential oil for light shades
- Films: essential oil of grapefruit, tea tree, sandalwood, rosemary, cypress, bergamot, geranium, bay laurel, palmarosa, tea tree, cade wood, Bay St Thomas, patchouli
- Itching: cedar essential oil, cypress
- Hair loss: essential oil of rosemary to cineole, cypress, lemon, thyme, ginger, Atlas cedar, Bay St Thomas, Nard, Grapefruit, clary sage, juniper, geranium
- Excess of sebum: essential oil of bergamot, lemon, Atlas cedar, grapefruit, clary sage, Laurel
That’s enough not to cause us to turn gray!